Saturday, December 28, 2013

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS IN MEXICO

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS IN MEXICO



On the 23rd of December Hotel Perico had a Christmas party for all of its long term residents. I had made cards to give to everyone and for the children we bought little gifts. The spread was full of different kinds of vegetables along with the main course; ham. Of course with our home program we can only have organic, therefore I brought our own food. I had made spaghetti with pesto sauce. I added black olives and fresh basil with other spices. To top it off I used melted goat cheese.


A peaceful hush falls over the world…

When this holiday rush is through…
It’s time to reflect on family and friends…
And so I think of you…

It’s a time to send our greetings…

To those who are far and near…

To wish you the blessings of the season…

Not just today but throughout the year…

We pause and think of this special time…

A time that is set apart…

For thinking of those who are dear…

Who hold a special place in our heart…



For desert the hotel residents brought all kinds of cakes and pies. During the day I had gone to the Monday market and purchased a fruit cake from my gluten free vender. I cut it in small squares and dressed the plate using strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. Also, prior to the evening I made up some dates with pecan chips on top.

Here are some pictures of our wonderful holiday party with our new friends that we met here in our community. I thank Tom and Jan for making this Christmas a warm and cozy one.


 



 





 
 
Christmas has come and gone. I hope you had an amazing one. Our first Christmas went smoothly and was very peaceful. The only thing that I missed was my family and friends. Thank goodness for skype and the phone.

Christmas Day Dan and I decided to go to Chapala to hear our neighbor sing. He and his father was suppose to sing at the Black Pearl, but was not there, so we just walked along the boardwalk of the lake. Lots of people were out enjoying the winter day and spending quality time with their loved ones.

While walking we came across an outside restaurant / hotel looking over the water. We looked at one another and stated why not just relax there and have some salmon. So for lunch we shared a salmon platter with rice and fruit. To top it off we had some Mexican coffee and then took a cab home.




Upon arriving we turned on some Christmas music and opened a bottle of wine. I prepared a turkey dinner and mashed potatoes with gravy. For the greens I made a salad with all the trimmings.






Enjoy the rest of 2013 and peace be with all.

No comments: